The posts below belong to a larger story entitled Autumn Drive, a story about growing up, losing loved ones, and people that take advantage of those unable to defend themselves.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Autumn 2010

When it was all said and done, I felt like I was the only one who cared about the house. It was gone, the whole process over. Grandma died, the house was cleaned out, fixed up, and sold. All over a two month period that had passed before I was ready to except its possible arrival.

At no time in the past had I ever thought about twenty-seven Autumn Drive not being ours. It would always be Grandma and Pop Pop's house. I had always simply known this to be true, and now my feelings were clashing with reality.

I thought about it every day, had everyone else forgot? They excepted it, 'dealt' with our financial situation and acted accordingly, never stopping to think about what they were actually doing. I tried to tell them, warn them of what they were doing, but the language of love can never communicate with the irrational gibberish of money.

I felt the fear of seeing somebody die, the pain of watching someone suffer. Maybe everyone felt the way I did, but feared bringing their rawest emotions to the surface, only to know the anguish, fell the knife dig that much closer to their heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.