The posts below belong to a larger story entitled Autumn Drive, a story about growing up, losing loved ones, and people that take advantage of those unable to defend themselves.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Late Night: Aunt Nancie and More Ghosts

My time spent staring in the mirror and slowly, tediously descending my grandparent's basement steps peering around every corner, I'm sure, led to my uneasyness in all dark places or houses where someone had died at some point in the past.

No one had ever died at Grandma's house, they were the first ones to move in, back when Jude Lane and Autumn Drive was being developed in the sixties.

That didn't faze Nancie, "Some people attract ghosts, there's just something about them."

"What do you mean?" I asked, nervous but intrigued.

"They're called mediums, they have a special connection to the ghost world."

I had just about heard enough. With all the things Nancie told me, and all the things she saw, I was sure she was one. If she wasn't a medium, I don't know who was.

One time she told me about the two figures standing at the foot of her bed. One, she thought, was her biological father. The other was her guardian angel, or my grandmother's father. Though she never figured out for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.